- Stratum Corneum, Skin’s outermost layer interfaces the outside world and acts as barrier that prevents unwanted material from entering. It forms a barrier to protect the underlying tissue from infection, chemicals and mechanical stress.
- It prevents excessive water loss, hence protecting skin from dryness.
Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) is collection of Water-soluble compounds, found in Stratum Corneum only. NMF components absorb water from the atmosphere and combine it with its own water content which helps the outermost layer of Stratum Corneum to stay hydrated.
Anything applied on skin comes in direct contact of stratum corneum. Use of cream or lotion is mandatory to protect skin from coming in direct contact with environmental pollutants. Ayurvedic Fairness cream is the safest option for skin as it does not cause any side effect and keeps skin healthy naturally.
AYURVEDA- A WAY FOR HEALTHY LIVING
Ayurvedic Herbalism is not of the east or the west, of ancient or modern time. It is a science of living that encompasses the whole of life, and relates the life of the individual to the universe.
Wise sages of Ancient India developed a unique holistic system “Ayurveda” around 5000 years ago which truly emphasizes on maintaining balance of life energies within our body. In Ayurveda, various types of applications are described which are extremely pleasant and maintain harmony of body at higher extent.
THE FIVE ELEMENTS: WHAT EXIST OUTSIDE IS ALSO INSIDE ALL OF US.
There are 5 elements which provide the foundation for entire physical world contributing to our beautiful mother nature. These elements are recognized in Ayurveda as fire, water, air, earth and space which make up physical creation dynamically combine to manage all the processes within the human physiology. These five elements are basic building blocks of life and explain why substances of natural world are in harmony with human body.
Human beings easily utilize herbs, plants, water and minerals, because the substances are same in composition and character to our underlying body make-up.
TRIDOSHA THEORY: THE KEYS TO OUR INDIVIDUAL NATURE.
Ayurveda is based on the theory of Tridosha- the three vital energies. These three energies are vata, kapha and pitta.
These doshas are the biological energies found throughout human mind and body.
VATA: Qualities reflecting space and air.
PITTA: Qualities reflecting elements of fire and water.
KAPHA: Qualities of reflecting elements of water and earth.
These doshas governs the mental and physical processes and provide every living being with an individual blueprint of health and fulfillment.
There are three doshic states
- Balanced: Equilibrium state (When all three doshas are present are present in natural proportion)
- Increased: Aggravated or increased state ( When a particular dosha is present in greater than normal proportion)
- Decreased: Depleted or decreased state (When a particular dosha is present in less the normal proportion)